- Sometimes if you are right all the time you are a know it all and no one will like you – Jack
- Being kind is more important than being right – Mya
- Kindness creates opportunities – Mackenzie
- Sometimes being right can hurt peoples feelings – Ange
- Kind is on the inside, being right is on the outside – Kasey
- Sometimes it better to fib or tell a little white lie to save some ones feelings
- If everyone chose to be kind the world would be more peaceful – Cait
- It’s not always always ok to be kind – if some one was breaking a rule you would need to be right and not kind.
We also talked about how hard it would be to back down from an argument when you knew you were right just to save the other persons feelings.
We decided being kind is not as simple as it sounds and that there are times when it is ok to be right.
We came up with the idea that the most important word in this precept is CHOICE. We have a choice in every decision we make, every decision needs to be evaluated but sometimes it is better to choose to be kind rather than right. We always have a choice.